Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Darling Aunty Jeannie

It was 4am and i was still up, sitting on the p.c.

The home phone rang, and i had this sick feeling in my gut! I hesitantly got up and took the few step to the phone.....

Its my Uncle David, we say each others name and tears streamed down my face... he hadnt said anything else to me and i knew...

I said, 'Whats wrong uncle dave'

He said, 'put your father on'

'okay'

then i can hear my dad walking out with a cross look on his face, he was annoyed that someone was call at this time and that i was up..

i said, 'its uncle dave, he wants to talk to you'

I hand the phone over and sit about a meter away from him on a chair, hanging off every word my dad says, trying to fill out the missing parts of the conversation.

I started to cry before i could even hear my dads reply....

My Aunty had died, My God, how could this happen? she was fine, she just had a baby and was only 33 years old..

I never felt such heartache in my life! The feelings and emotions that i went through that day were unimaginable. I sat on the lounge and sobbed, asking why, how and when did all this happen.

She was my favorite Aunty, the young one who was so much fun. She had the best smile and an incredible smile. When ever i knew she was coming from a visit, id keep the night free cause we always sat up talking till early hours of the morning..

We talked about, God, Death, Angels and loved ones who had past away.. I imagined her in my distant future, always being there.. and now my world has been turned upside down..

I was so sad to think that i was never able to give her the message of Islam. If id only done something sooner, maybe she would have accept Islam..

This day was one of the longest days in my life...........

From the time i heard the news, i had to start preparing for visitors. Since my mum was the eldest and we were in Sydney, most of the people, family, friends etc would be coming some time today..

I was under alot of pressure, my step dad was sick, i had no religion, my mum wasnt with me and i had just lost an very important person it my life...

Was this my second warning for Allah, reminding me of Death... or was it all just a coincidence? What if im next? What if the Angel of Death comes to me tonight to take my soul? What if im the next to die?

I remember reading from the Quran:

(In Falsehood will they be) Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: "O my Lord! send me back (to life),- 23:99 Surah Al-Mu'muinun

Would i be one of those people? To die, knowing Islam but not accepting it.. What would my Lord say to me? All the sins i have on my heart, why would Allah give me anything when i wont even declare that he is the One and True God.

I miss my aunty so so much, its been years since i heard her voice or seen her beautiful smile... Inshallah i will see her again, inshallah in the afterlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment