Sunday, July 11, 2010

Life after burying a loved one

So in short,

i had travel to the country to bury my aunty

taken time off work

done alot of thinking

and i had been totally drained, emotionally and physically

by the time i got back to Sydney i just wanted to sleep...

Ramadan had started already

The first thing i do is, email my friend telling her that i wanted to say my Shahadah and i wanted to know what the next steps were, asap...

She writes back telling me that she will organise my shahadah, she tells me a location and she will organise it for that weekend, the saturday.. Wow its happening, im getting closer to Allah...

I ask her what i should wear and she tells me a skirt and long sleeve shirt.. My gosh i dont own any skirts lol, i live in jeans haha, i eventually found a long black hippy looking skirt to wear and a long sleeve cardigan...

I was so excited, the week went so slow, i returned to work and i just couldnt believe what i was doing. I had this big secret and i walked around with a smile on my face... Alhdmuillah..

As the week came to an end i started to get nerves and butterflies in my stomach.

So i thought i better tell my family, how am i going to do this,what will i say and how will they react? So i had the intention of telling my mum/family before i did it but when i went around to my mums place they had left for the weekend to visit family. Gosh now what, should i put it off till they get back then tell them... geez i always leave everything till the last minute and now look what happens...

But Allah has his plan, and if this is how its going to be, then im just going to go with it... I cant put this off any longer!

On the friday night after work, my best friend picks me up to go eat and hangout like we usually do... I had to break the news to someone, shes knows everything about me and she knows about me researching religion... So after hours of talking with her and trying to think of the right way to tell me, i finally started to tell her...

I said, 'Habibs, i have something to tell you but please dont freak out'.

'Yeah what is it', she says.

'im going to become a Muslim' i tell her.

Ruby said to me 'you know what habibs, iv been waiting for you to tell me that for awhile now. i even told my mum that i think your going to convert'

omg, it was so hard to work up the courage to tell you and u already knew... lol
Alhumdiullah she was so supportive, she told me what ever make you happy habibs...

Mashallah what a good friend she is. Im so thankful to have such a great girl in my life. Shes someone who made life so much easier for me by just being in it..

She ask me when im thinking of doing it...
LOL

i tell her, 'tomorrow'...

Wow thats quick. We talk about the process of becoming a Muslims and what i need to do, where and when it will be done...

It was so great to tell someone who is important to me, and having their approval... Alhdmuillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment